Posted on October 23, 2012 by Corporate Traveller
Social media in business travel has become an increasingly visible and powerful communication tool. Travel management companies (TMCs) use social media to add value to the customer experience and engage in real time with their customers. Individual travellers are using the various social media platforms as tools for news and information, networking and online interaction.
Corporate Traveller connects with its online network of clients and suppliers across five main channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube and Google Plus.
The business of social media
Thanks to social media, business travellers can be alerted to industry news as soon as it breaks and if they choose, engage in discussion with a broad online audience.
With corporate travel becoming increasingly mobile and technology driven, social media now provides a valuable platform for professional networking, online interaction, engagement, information and knowledge sharing.
Social media also gives customers the opportunity to ask for help or complain when they feel they are not getting the service they expected. As a result, many companies now make the provision of customer support and service via the digital realm one of their core business strategies.
Follow Corporate Traveller on social media and you can benefit from rich travel industry content. As a social media ‘friend’ or ‘follower’ of Corporate Traveller you’ll have access to everything from industry news and information to competitions, special client offers, reviews and of course the expertise of our people.
If you’re not already a follower of Corporate Traveller’s current social media platforms, now is the time to log in and see what you’re missing out on.
Why should I follow Corporate Traveller on social media?
- Industry news: find out what’s happening as soon as the news breaks. Follow Corporate Traveller on Twitter for immediate updates.
- Blogs: Corporate Traveller publishes three blogs every week, which include exclusive interviews with industry suppliers, news analysis and more.
- Travel tips: Our travel tips are a mix of posts that are informative, instructional or helpful for people across all industries who travel for business.
- Competitions: Corporate Traveller has run some very generous competitions in the past with holiday packages to destinations such as Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
- You have to be in it to win it, so log in and enter!
- Travel alerts: When there is a travel crisis or emergency, social media is a great source of regular updates.
- Reviews: Our experts post regular reviews on everything from hotels to aircraft or conference facilities.
- Client offers: Make sure you are logged on to Twitter or Facebook to find out when new offers are posted.
Personal travel management vs the virtual realm
While Corporate Traveller maintains an active presence in the online space, we also understand that people respond to people, which is why our focus is on personal service. At Corporate Traveller we want and need to be where our customers are, and we have the capabilities to meet your individual business travel needs online or offline.
If you ask a question or request help from Corporate Traveller via our social media channels we will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as possible.
To follow us on social media head, click on the appropriate link in the right hand corner of this page.